Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3 Ways to Wear: The Chambray Shirt



chambray shirt

We've all seen that classic chambray shirt at some point, especially lately.  It's such a staple piece in anyone's wardrobe - you can dress it up, you can dress it down so easily.  If you were having some difficulties or are just looking for some inspiration, I hope that you'll enjoy this!





Denim on Denim How to Wear the Chambray Shirt
For this outfit, I wanted it to be really casual.  With the denim on denim look, it's always really tricky to avoid looking like a farm girl, so I wanted to make it a bit more modern with the hologram flats.  When I first saw the zebra print scarf, I was just in awe - it was gorgeous.  So I decided to add it to the outfit to make it a bit more colourful, a bit more spring.  The chambray shirt would be tucked in to the light wash jeans and a belt would pull it all together.  I really love how the ensemble has this classic yet a bit modern vibe to it.

1. Casio Ladies Wristwatch
2.  Nasty Gal Dizzy Shades
3.  Zara Zebra Print Scarf
4. H&M Denim Shirt
5. Forever 21 Studded Distressed Faux Leather Belt
6. American Eagle Light Destroyed Skinny Jeans
7. Forever 21 Hologram Ballet Flat
An oxford version: Miista Zoe Hologram Oxfords
If you're more classic and would prefer that classic brown oxford, here's a cool one with an unexpected twist
8.  Forever 21 Rhinestoned Blooming Studs


Spring's Signature How to Wear the Chambray Shirt


For this outfit, I wanted to have a more put together vibe.  I love how everything compliments each other to create that professional and confident feel.  I really like how a structured pant looks with a low heel, which is why I chose that for this outfit.

1.  Urban Outfitters Spiked Bib Necklace
2. H&M Denim Shirt
3.  Anthropologie Gumdrop Trio Earrings
4.  Michael Kors Bradshaw Chronograph Watch
5. TopShop Pixelated High Waisted Trousers
6. Madewell Mini Bow Ring
7. Forever 21 Faux Suede Pumps
8. ModCloth Full Course Load Bag in Rose


Vivids How to Wear the Chambray Shirt


This outfit is just a girlier version of the previous outfit in my opinion.  If you don't take into consideration the chambray shirt itself, it really reminds me of something a teenage Carrie Bradshaw would wear.  I love how playful, colourful, and flirty (all full-ish skirts makes an outfit kind of flirty and fun for me) this ensemble is and to me, it's perfect for spring.

1.  H&M Denim Shirt
2.  Urban Outfitters Valley Dreams Round Sunglasses
3.  Forever 21 Opulent Chandelier Earrings
4. Baublebar Gold Chain Necklace
5. BP. Vintage Marble & Rhinestone Ring
6. ModCloth Stripe It Lucky Skirt
7 . ASOS Top Handle Bag With Bar Lock Fitting
8. Sperry Top-Sider Pennington Loafer


So that's that.  I hope you did end up enjoying this and that it helped you out somehow.  Leave me a comment telling me which one was your favourite.

Thanks for reading!
- J

Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. Great post,Love all three ways to wear the denim shirt!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm glad you liked it.

      - Juliana

      Delete