Wednesday, April 17, 2013

3 Ways to Wear: The Galaxy Trend



spring outfit inspiration how to wear the galaxy trend galaxy leggings


Two weeks ago, I wrote a post on my love for the galaxy trend and I promised you guys a post on how to style it.  It's a bit late due to my extremely hectic week, but here it is.  Enjoy!

Galaxy Date spring outfit inspiration galaxy trend dress
This was one of the few dresses that I found with a galaxy print and I just thought it was super adorable.  I love the leather bustier as it's something a bit different and edgier (I'm obsessed with that look), so I added the girlier and more classic accessories to balance out the edge of the dress.
1.  H&M Striped Cardigan
2. Lulu's Stud Quilted Crossbody Bag
3. ModCloth Say A Few Worlds Away
4.  Rachel Faux Pearl Stud Earrings
5. Urban Outfitters Rose Gold Menswear Watch
6. Forever 21 Hologram Ballet Flats

Weekenders spring outfit inspiration galaxy trend shirt

For this look, I wanted to center it around a piece that would be relatively easy for anyone in Canada or the States to find.  At first, I was going to go for some jeans, but I wanted to make the outfit a bit more unique, hence the joggers.  Is it weird that I love that word?  Eh, whatever.  I wanted to dress it up a bit by adding the blazers and heels, but still wanted to keep it quirky, so I added the wristlet.  It might be a bit "out there" for some people, or you just don't like it for this outfit, so I included an alternative down below.

1.  Stephan & Co. Stone Statement Necklace
2. ModCloth In Living Monochrome Blazer
3. Forever 21 Solar System Muscle Tee
4. Lulu's Link Ahead Gold Watch
5. TopShop Cheetah Print Harem Capris
6. Nasty Gal Shine Up Shades
7. Urban Outfitters Ollin Arm Candy Medium Wristlet Zip-Pouch
(If this is a bit too much for you, another option for a bag that's definitely classier is the Aldo Hiridden Bag)
8. DV by Dolce Vita Pippi Pump
(If $90 heels are a bit out of your budget, check out the GoJane Patent Leather Pumps)

Science Class spring outfit inspiration galaxy trend leggings
This outfit is definitely my favourite out of the three.  I was definitely feeling my inner Elle Fanning when I was styling this outfit.  I'm really loving the classic, androgynous yet super quirky look and I was lucky enough to stumble upon this TopShop tunic that was just perfect.  Also, the cat loafers are a nice dupe for the adorable Charlotte Olympia ones that happen to be $700+ and I honestly can't afford that, good for you if you can though.  If I made a few tiny changes to this, I would definitely wear this to school.  Plus a special shoutout to my friend, Bohmyi for introducing me to the Black Milk leggings - I love them and they were perfect for this outfit.
1.  TopShop Oversize Tunic Shirt
2. ModCloth So Glad You Cameo Earrings
(A cheaper, more fun option)
3.  Nasty Gal Wild Cat Loafer
4.  Titanium Bracelet Watch
5. Black Milk Clothing Galaxy Blue Leggings
6. JewelMint Wild Chain Pendant
(If that one sells out... check this one out)

So that's that.  I hope this helped you guys out if you were struggling with styling the galaxy trend.  Even if you aren't all that into it, I hope this somehow provided you with inspiration for your daily wardrobe.  I really enjoyed putting these outfits together and I really do hope they helped you somehow.  Leave me a comment telling me which one was your favourite!


Thanks for reading!  I really appreciate it!
- J
Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. wow!

    that's very helpful!

    Thank you a lot!

    http://www.dariaburkova.com/

    xo

    helo from galaxyeeeee....)

    ReplyDelete