Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Want Her Closet!: Elle Fanning



elle fanning huffington post birthday
Image Credit: www.huffingtonpost.com

As you could probably tell from the title (or not...), Elle Fanning's style is seriously perfection, especially for a now fifteen-year-old (Happy Birthday Elle!). She's my personal fashion icon and I just love, love, LOVE her style.  Everything that she wears is so age-appropriate, but so amazingly quirky and unique at the same time. And since it's her birthday today, I decided to dedicate a whole post to her, not that I really needed the excuse.

elle fanning outfit inspiration street style
Image Credit: www.englishmuse.com

With this outfit, her sweater was the thing that caught my eye first.  I love the pearls and I'm thinking about DIY-ing it.  If I do, I'll definitely write a post about it.  The floral shirt and matching shorts are such a cute outfit for spring.  And the big cat-eye glasses are seriously adorable.  I'll probably be saying words like absolutely, seriously, adorable, perfect, etc. A LOT.  You have been warned!

One of the things I love most about Elle is that she isn't afraid to be bold, daring, and different with her style.  I absolutely adore how she's fearless when it comes to it.
elle fanning outfit inspiration street style
Elle's street style is just the most fascinating thing.  I love how she combines textures and colours and everything so unexpectedly because when I see her wear something, I'd never think to put those two things together and she just makes it look so good.  I think that this outfit would be a really nice spring outfit if the shirt was denim or a fall transition outfit.  The flowy skirt is really what makes this outfit so flipping amazing for me.
elle fanning outfit inspiration street style
Image Credit: www.tumblr.com
I really , really love this outfit, which is really annoying considering that I could only find this picture of it and the front isn't shown.  This is something that isn't really a spring transition outfit, but more of one from the spring to the summer to me.  The whole outfit is super girly which I love and the jelly shoes just makes it so distinctly Elle.
 
elle fanning outfit inspiration chanel jay leno
Image Credit: www.eonline.com
This is the outfit that she wore to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno recently and I think that it represents her perfectly. It shows off her girlier side, but still stays true to her original, quirky style with the super poofy sleeves and the whole outfit just makes her look like a princess.
 
 
Image Credit: www.aceshowbiz.com
And to top it all off, one of my favourite (there are way too many to count) red carpet looks from Elle.  This was to the Super 8 premiere last year, I believe, and I adore how ethereal and whimsical she looks.  It's a really simple outfit and I think everything about it is just perfect.  Like, I want that dress. 
The other day, I came across an interview that Elle did with New York Magazine and there was something she said that really resonated with me.


"For a long time, I refused to wear jeans.  I liked high-waisted pants, but jeans made me feel like I wasn't being unique.  Even now, I won't wear the skinny-jeans style, because most people wear those -- they have to be baggier, boyfriend-looking, or sort of like a mom jean.  I'm real funny that way." - Elle Fanning, New York Magazine


I think the reason why it was so important to me was because I can really relate to what she said.  It might sound kind of weird, but I'm the kind of person who really wants to be unique and original and there are just some things I will absolutely refuse to wear because they aren't unique enough.  There was a point in time when I wanted to be like everyone else (I think I was in fourth grade), but things have changed.  And I'm really glad they did.
So that concludes my little gush piece on Elle Fanning and her fantastic and absolutely amazing style, of course all in my opinion, but I think you would agree.  Or not.  We're all different after all...



Thanks for reading!
- J 

6 comments:

  1. Hon' you're amazing when it comes to fashion, reflecting Elle's mirror. Like Elle, you are not afraid to wear what you want, whenever you want. To me, that's what fashion and really all about; expressing yourself. I really enjoy reading your blog posts because its all you - thoughts about fashion coming from your heart! ♥ If it's not too much to ask, could you give me a few pointers with being unique with clothing attire? -bt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thanks for the sweet comment, Brenda. :) I'll probably dedicate a whole post to it in the near future, so be on the lookout for that. Thanks for the idea!

      - Juliana

      Delete