Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Funday: TV and Cranberries



Large

Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

I'm back with yet another Sunday Funday.  It's been a pretty hectic week, and the sad part is, next week is probably going to be even crazier.  Despite the madness, I've found some time to take my mind off everything, well, almost everything that is bothering me and just relax.

1.  Dried cranberries

Last weekend, my mom got some dried cranberries and I'm completely obsessed with them.  They're not the usual Craisins that I usually get and are ridiculously delicious and so much better.  I love having them with crackers and cheese and a glass of milk, preferably almond milk.  Which brings me to my next love of the week...

2.  Homemade almond milk recipe


I was scrolling around on Pinterest and I came across a repin of a homemade almond milk recipe.  There isn't much to say about that, but I'm really stoked to try it out.

3.  TV

Ever since sixth grade, I've been kind of obsessed with TV.  The sad part is, I don't watch most of my TV shows on my actual TV, but on YouTube or on the channel's video players.


Image Credit: www.uturncrossfit.com
 
I've recently discovered the Amazing Race, a show that's, in short, a race around the world.  I was kind of annoyed that I started watching the show when my favourite duo, Joey and Meghan, got eliminated.  Anywho, the show itself is so entertaining and there isn't too much bickering amongst the teams, which I'm really happy about.  I have enough negativity in my life as it is, so having fun, "reality" TV shows without all the cat fights is really nice.

This week, my all-time favourite TV shows have come out with some really stellar episodes, most notably, Castle.  Last year, my friend introduced me to the show and I pretty much finished watching all four seasons through the course of about two to three weeks.  It does sound like a lot of time, but putting it into perspective, that's about 3402 minutes staring at a screen, which is quite a lot.  

This week's episode was called "Still" and the basics of the episode was that there was a murder and Beckett and the team found the murderer and went to his apartment to arrest him, all within the first five minutes.  Then, the twist comes along.  Once the team has the murderer cornered, he takes out this remote and presses the button, activating a bomb in the apartment that could blow the whole building up.  The bomb is one where there's this plate contraption that means if you step on that plate, you cannot move unless you want to be blown to smithereens.  To make everything a bit more exciting, Beckett accidentally steps on the plate.
Image Credit: www.facebook.com

It was such an amazing, nostalgic episode and they said "I love you" to each other, so it was just adorable.


4.  Iron Man 3

Image Credit: www.comicsbeat.com

Since it was my dad's birthday on Friday, my brother decided that it was a good idea for everyone to go see Iron Man 3.  I've never seen any of the other Iron Man movies, so I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into.

It's not the type of movie that you'd think I'd enjoy, and honestly, I didn't think I'd enjoy it either, but
it was one of the most hilarious yet action-packed movies I've seen in a while.  Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) is the world's biggest jerk, but he's also the most lovable.  It's annoying.

5.  Just to get you thinking...

40250990389108437n0glpervc_large
Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

I'm a huge overachiever, or an aspiring overachiever, if that makes sense.  I'm that kid who just wants to be able to do anything (and preferably excel at it, which makes me sound conceited, I know), so this quote is just a healthy reminder not to spread myself to thin.

Let me know in the comments what you've been enjoying or have discovered this week?  Seen any good movies lately? Fashion favourites?  I'd love to know.


Thanks for reading!
- J
 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment