Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dear Daddy...

Facebook


Hi there!  This post will be similar to my Mother's Day post last month, so it will be quite personal.  If this doesn't interest you, I'll be back with my regular posts tomorrow!  But if you do want to read my letter to my father, you know what to do...

Dear Daddy,

I guess we don't exactly get along very well.  I mean, we do get along, it's just that we are so freaking similar (hot-tempered and opinionated) that it's pretty hard for us not to get into fights when we don't agree on something.  Despite it all, I guess I could say that we can... cooperate well considering what kind of people we are.

We don't fight a lot, but when we do, it's major and it's nothing that will be resolved quickly.  I think it's because our enormous pride stands in the way of us coming to a compromise on anything, but in the end, we always end up agreeing on something.  Oh, how I feel bad for Mommy for having to stand in the way of the two of us...  Despite our huge and intense arguments, it's hard not to love you despite it all.

You're the person I always go to when I'm having any technical difficulties (I LOVE saying those two words; it makes me feel so smart) and without you, I probably wouldn't be blogging.  Which is quite ironic in its own little way, but whatever.  I can always count on you to make jokes about my "love life" (or lack thereof), that stupid thing I did as a toddler, and my "giftedness."  Our conversations at the dinner table are my favourite to look back on on a rainy day.  Especially the ones where you made it so easy to laugh at something stupid I did and just let it go.  

I don't quite know what's left to say, to be honest.  You've been there for me whenever I needed you most and you're willing to do anything for me, which is all I could ever ask for.  I know that you might find me slightly... controlling of my future and you think that I'm growing up so quickly, but I'll always be your little girl.  Always.  (I'm sorry but I just had to make that Castle reference.)

Thank you for everything that you've done for me.  I don't really know how I could ever pay you back for all those things, but I'll try my best.  I love you.

x


Thank you for reading!
- J

2 comments: