Thursday, June 13, 2013

What to Where: Father's Day

Daddy | via Facebook

Hi there!  It's Father's Day this weekend, so I wanted to share with you a few outfit ideas for whatever activity you're doing with your father.  Keep reading if you're interested in seeing the outfits!



Father's Day 2013 #3

This Spencer Hastings-inspired outfit is definitely the most casual of the three.  I love how preppy yet modern this outfit is.  The majority of the pieces that make up this outfit are really classic, but with a slight twist to them.  I would cuff the sleeves of the denim shirt to show off the wrap watch and tuck in the shirt as well.  A leather belt makes it so the shorts don't look so boring and the same goes for the necklace.  


1.  Forever 21 Cutout Denim Shirt
2.  Juliet & Company Oversized Pearl Studs
3.  ModCloth Stud-y Group Watch
4.  AE Roll-Up Denim Shortie
5.  Urban Outfitters Locket Watch Pendant
6.  Zara Cutout Leather Belt
7.  ModCloth Oxford Flats



Father's Day 2013 #1

This outfit is for those of you who want to dress up a bit.  I love having balance and a bit of contrast in my outfit, so I paired a girly lace skirt with the varsity jacket and crop top.  Since it is Father's Day, you probably wouldn't want to flash too much skin with your dad around, so the skirt is high enough that you probably won't have to wear a cami underneath the crop top.  The musky green crossbody adds a pop of colour (in addition to the pink varsity jacket) and the cat Mary Jane shoes ties the whole outfit together in the best and quirkiest way!

1.  Forever 21 Faux Leather Sleeve Varsity Jacket
2.  Truly Madly Deeply Daisy Top
3.  Kimchi Blue Heart Charm Crossbody
4.  T.U.K. Anarchic Mary Jane
5.  Chicwish Lace White Skater Skirt


Father's Day 2013 #2


This is the most dressy outfit of the three, but it's not that dressy.  It would be pretty easy to switch out some pieces to make it dressier (like the flatforms).  I immediately fell in love with the bohemian feel of this dress the moment I saw it.  I decided to add to that with the feather earrings and to make it a bit more classy, I added the layered pearl necklace.  To toughen the look up a bit, I went for black lace flatform sneakers and to tie it in with the girly feel of the dress, I paired those with some crochet socks.  I would throw my hair up in a ponytail with the gold hair clip to top it all off.

1.  Chicwish Crochet Embellished Dress
2.  H&M Feather Earrings
3.  Forever 21 Pearl Chain Necklace
4.  TopShop Navy Crochet Trim Ankle Socks
5.  H&M Hair Elastic
6.  TANG Lace Flatforms

How are you celebrating Father's Day?  Which of these outfits was your favourite?  Please leave me a comment down below sharing your thoughts!


Thank you for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment