Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Little Motivation: Lifestyle Change

:) | via Facebook


Hi there!  If you know me in real life, you might know that I decided that I wanted to change my lifestyle.  This might sound so childish, but I was starting to get quite unhappy with how unhealthily I was living my life (I know that sounded super lame, especially since I'm only 13), so I wanted to change that.  I was also getting upset about how I didn't look as fit (not saying that I ever was, but you know what I mean.  Hopefully.) as I used to.  

Anyway, the point of this post is to motivate those of you who have been thinking about doing this lately, but have never gotten around to it.  Hopefully, this post will give you that little extra push to start a healthier lifestyle.  

I think that the most important question to ask yourself is if you're happy the way you're living?  If you're completely happy with the way you're living, then maybe this post isn't for you.  But if you aren't, keep on reading!

First of all, I want to state that I am in no way a healthy living expert or anything like that.  I just want to let you guys on this journey I'm embarking on to change myself and get healthy.  I'm just passing on what I've been doing lately and what I've found helpful.  

I'm also going to be updating you guys how I'm doing here and there.  Now let's get into it!

To me, summer is a great time to reflect on what you've been doing for the first half of the year and start to improve and turn things around for the second half.  I made goals late last December about wanting to be healthier and exercising and what not, but I didn't really act on it.  If you just write a bunch of goals on a piece of paper and don't do anything about them, they aren't really goals anymore, now are they?  Action is key and that's what I got myself to do.

Eating clean and healthy might sound like a really drastic change, but it doesn't have to be.  When you're hungry and are looking for a snack, instead of reaching for a bag of chips or some other kind of junk food, try some fruit instead.  Stuff like that.


What I've also found really helpful and inspirational is the blog, Blogilates.  If you haven't already checked it out, I definitely recommend that you do so because there is so much information, so many healthy living posts there that are so motivational.  What really pushed me to get myself in shape was reading the before and after posts and how these people decided to change themselves.

If you like what you read on Blogilates, check out her YouTube channel as well (you can do so here).  Her name is Cassey Ho and she's pretty much the most cheerful and bubbly person I've ever come across, in real life and... elsewhere.  When I was following her workout videos and felt like stopping mid-workout because I felt like dying, she picks you right up and keeps you going.  That's just how amazing she is.

Now, every morning, I've been waking up and just starting her workouts as soon as possible.  I find that if I wait too long to do them, I just won't do them.  I think that finding the best time in your day to get yourself to exercise is key.  Set a strict time a stick to it. 

I don't know if this post helped you at all, but I really hope it did.  I just wanted to pass along something that I found really helpful and share that with you guys.  And sorry if this post was kind of rambly...

Let me know in the comments if you have any other tips for staying motivated or anything along those lines.  I'd love to get some more advice and hear your thoughts on this matter! 


Thanks for reading!
- J

2 comments: