Monday, July 1, 2013

Ramble: Hello Summer!

Never forget first love

Hi there!  Today, I'm going to write about something a little different from my usual fashion posts and I might ramble a little bit, but I hope that you don't mind!


Summer vacation is one of my favourite times of the year because it's so unpredictable and anything could happen.  It also seems like you have this endless amount of time to just do whatever.  I never expected to have spent my time learning about myself and literally just changing everything.  I used to be this shy little girl (some might think I still am, but whatever) who simply did what others told her to do and didn't really have her own opinions about anything.  All I did was study, study, and study.  Well, obviously I hung out a lot on the Internet, but we're not going to get into that.

Anyway, back on point.  Basically, I always thought that I would grow up in my hometown, go to university, and become some kind of doctor or accountant or something like that.  But ever since I was little, I had this big dream (which will be further explained in a later post), but I never for a second thought about taking action and making it a reality.  Until summer came around.

All of the things I used to think I'd do was thrown out the window and I came back with goals that I actually passionately wanted to achieve.  I realised that I didn't want to be stuck in my room studying all the time.  I'm not saying that I'm completely antisocial or that I don't value my education (I really do value it, trust me), but I wanted to have a big goal that excites me on a daily basis, not some goal that other people set for me and expect me to reach.

To me, self-discovery and is really important.  I don't think that my grade 8 year would've been so amazing if I didn't learn about myself and hadn't figured out what I wanted to do with my life.  I know that I'm only thirteen and it's pretty early to think about that stuff, especially since teenage minds are quite fickle, but realistically speaking, I only have about three years to have a narrowed-down idea of what I want to do.

Self-discovery led me to re-invention, which I'm not going to get into too much because it's not my forte, but I find that it's so, so important, like I cannot stress how important it is to learn about yourself.  Form YOUR own opinions, do what YOU want, and most importantly, don't let anyone change you.  I would get into that topic, but this is already getting way too long, so I'll leave that for another day.

What do you think about self-discovery and re-invention?  Also, do you have any requests for future rambles?  And how do you like to spend your summers?  Please leave me a comment down below and share your thoughts!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment