Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School: 14 Things to Keep in Your Backpack


Hi there! In the first post in my back to school series, I asked you guys if you wanted to see a backpack essentials post. And you guys said YES, so here it is. If you're interested to read about what I think are essentials to keep in your school bag, keep on reading! (P. S. That's actually my backpack for this upcoming school year! It's from Topshop and it was expensive, but isn't it lovely?)


1.  Accordion folder - Ever since seventh grade (I say that like it was ages ago, but it was actually only two years ago, haha), I've carried an accordion folder around with me to and from school to store all of my homework and miscellaneous papers that didn't really fit anywhere. A folder like this makes it really easy to stay organised and keep track of your papers!

2.  Pencil case - At school, you'll definitely need pencils and pens, so keep them in a nice little pouch so it's super easy for you to just reach into your backpack, grab your pencil case, and dig into it to find whatever you might need.

3.  Notebooks - I always find myself needing to write ideas down, so a notebook (or several) can really come in handy when you're at school, or anywhere to be honest.

4.  Emergencies bag - If you are a female, you probably know what I mean by an "emergencies bag." *awkward winky face* Since you never know when it's going to be that time of the month, always stay prepared with a little pouch with your... feminine products. Make sure it's an opaque one!


(This is actually my agenda! For more photos like these, check out my Instagram!)

5.  Agenda - An agenda is pretty much how I keep my life organised, so I try to keep it with me at all times. I write all of my assignments or tasks or anything, actually, in it and make detailed to-do lists every day to make sure I get everything that I need to done.

6.  Mini hand sanitiser - I absolutely hate the feeling of dirty hands, so I try to always, ALWAYS keep a mini hand sanitiser with me, so school is no different.

7.  Cellphone and earbuds - I'm a teenager and most of us are kind of obsessed with our cellphones (if we have one). When I don't spend my time online or on social media sites on my phone, it's really nice to have it with me at school just in case I need to contact my parents or listen to music on my way to and from school.

8.  Compact mirror - If you wear makeup or even if you don't (like me), it's always nice to have a little mini mirror just in case you need to touch up your makeup or check to see if you have anything stuck in your teeth because that has happened to me WAY too many times.


9.  Breath mints/gum - This is definitely a must-have for me after lunch or any meal because my breath stinks, or at least I think it does. Either way, I just hate my mouth feeling kind of... icky (maybe?) after eating, so I always like to pop a Tic Tac in my mouth. Because my school has never allowed gum (and I have braces), I've always used breath mints, but if yours does, go for it!

10.  Toothpicks - I always seem to have something stuck in my teeth after my meals, so having a toothpick on hand is (or will be) a huge lifesaver.

11.  Post-its - I don't know about you, but I always (I know I've said "I always" a lot, but bear with me - it's almost over) seem to have to write quick little notes down. With pens, pencils, AND post-its, I'm fully prepared to do so.

12.  Wristlet - I don't think bringing a big wallet or anything like that to school is that great of an idea because it could get stolen, so a wristlet is the perfect compromise. It's big enough to stick a little cash and your school ID in (if you have one), because you never know when you're going to need it.


13.  Water bottle - It's always good to stay hydrated throughout the day, so having a water bottle on hand is always a good idea. Drink plenty of water everyday and your skin and body will thank you!

14.  Blotting sheets - I have pretty oily skin and it gets even more oily throughout the day. Because of this dilemma that I'm sure a good chunk of us have to suffer, blotting sheets are a must for me unless I want to look like a greaseball (which isn't very often).

What are some of your backpack essentials?  Are you going back to school this fall?  Leave me a comment down below sharing your thoughts!


Thanks for reading!
- J

8 comments:

  1. where did you get that agenda? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I'm so obsessed with it and the illustrations in it are absolutely gorgeous. If you live in Canada, you can get it at Chapters here. If you live in the States, you can get it here. I hope that was helpful!

      - Juliana

      Delete
  2. That agenda is so cute! I always keep an emergencies purse in my uni backpack. Never know when and emergency might occur you know?

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so obsessed with it. :) And that emergencies bag is definitely a good idea. ;)

      - Juliana

      Delete
  3. loving the backpack, its gorgeous! I wish topshop in spain was as good as its in the Uk and USA haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually got it in Vietnam on sale. I really wish I even had a Topshop near where I live, haha.

      - Juliana

      Delete