Monday, August 12, 2013

What to Where: Summer Dinner

background, blur, bright, distance - inspiring picture on Favim.com

Hi there!  My birthday is coming up soon (aka tomorrow) and my family and I are most likely going to be going out for a nice dinner.  The only thing is, it's really, really hot out.  A lot of the time, I find that it's so much easier to find inspiration for something to where during the day, not so much during the night.

Keep on reading to find out what I'm thinking about wearing for my birthday dinner!  I've narrowed it down to three outfit "combinations."  Maybe this will help someone out there who's also having a hard time figuring out what to wear.


Summer Dinner #1


1.  Nasty Gal Pyrite Spiked Ear Cuff
2.  Warehouse Blush Clutch with Chain
3.  ModCloth Pinch of Pistachio Dress
4.  New Look Thread Wrapped Bangles
5.  Kimchi Blue Bella T-Strap Heel

To me, simply dressing an outfit up a little can easily transition it from day to night.  Maybe add a little something to your makeup routine to make your ensemble even more noticeably different from your everyday look.

Throwing on a nice dress is always an easy way to dress up.  Since it's so hot out, I prefer flowy dresses as opposed to skintight ones that make me feel a lot more uncomfortable.  Be sure to pick a sleeveless or short-sleeved dress to avoid burning up!


Summer Dinner #3

In the summer, I like to avoid wearing black clothing because a) black attracts (unwanted) heat and b) it kind of depresses me, to be honest.  So I decided to go for light, pastel colours for this outfit.  Shorts and a sleeveless blouse is one of my favourite outfit combinations, so naturally, that's what I put together.  I'd tuck the blouse in the shorts and add a belt to tie it all together. 

1.  ModCloth Chilled Chardonnay Top
2.  ModCloth Retro Rosie Earrings
3.  ASOS Chevron Belt
4.  Forever 21 Floral Shorts
5.  Oxia Brogue Creepers


Summer Dinner #2

A romper or playsuit is a perfect way to combine the a dress and shorts.  It's so easy to just throw on and head out the door, which is always a plus.  Since the playsuit I picked out (which is adorable, I might add) is quite low-cut on the sides, I layered a chiffon blouse underneath and cinched it at the waist with a belt.  Throw your hair up in a ponytail and you're all done!

1.  H&M Chiffon Blouse
2.  NewLook Parisian Black Floral Playsuit
3.  TopShop Single Sprike Stretch Bracelet
4.  Forever 21 Metallic-Trimmed Belt
5.  Kimchi Blue Wooden Flatform Sandal

Which outfit was your favourite?  Any summer plans?  What do you like to wear to summer dinners?  Please leave a comment down below sharing your thoughts!


Thanks for reading!
- J

2 comments:

  1. The shoes of the first outfit, ohh wow! I love them so much!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty freaking adorable. :)

      - Juliana

      Delete