Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Collection Crush: Zero + Maria Cornejo Spring/Summer 2014


Hi there! Today, I'd like to introduce all of you to a new series here on Style Generis called... drumroll please... COLLECTION CRUSH! It's basically going to be a post that I write after each Fashion Week showcasing a collection that I was absolutely blown away with. Most of the time, it won't be really "mainstream" designers because there's already WAY too much coverage of that, and I feel like I would be writing just another soulless exposé on the standout looks at Marc Jacobs.

I was, once again, on style.com looking through the shows after finishing my geography homework one night and came across this designer called Zero + Maria Cornejo. I was immediately drawn to the name because it was just so... different. Not saying that anyone with the name Zero is weird or anything, but it was definitely something that caught my attention.

According to Maria Cornejo, the designer behind Zero + Maria Cornejo, the name was "a pure vision" and the number zero is "a number that neither adds or subtracts; it is, rather, a point of departure." Isn't that just wicked cool?!



When I first saw her collection, my jaw just disconnected from my head and just dropped to the floor. Yep. That happened.

I was just so blown away. The collection was to reflect deserts, uniforms, and earthiness, according to style.com. I'm not going to ramble much about the collection and just let the photos do it themselves. Here are a few of my favourite looks that just left me gasping for air (because I was just that blown away by them).


To me, this pantsuit is like LEGO in the most sophisticated way possible. I love it.


This has such a city girl vibe, but you can't help but think that she's strutting through a desert to get to work, no? Or maybe that's just me...


I don't even know what to say about this one, so I won't even bother and let you just stare at that awesomeness right there.


This fabric looks like such a dream to wear. It looks so soft and touchable, but at the same time, like liquid silver.


I pretty much died when I saw this. Definitely my favourite look from the whole collection.


And this.

What did you think of this collection? Were you as awestruck as I was? Which was your favourite look? Let me know in a comment down below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


All photos from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment