Friday, September 6, 2013

Style Diary: Freshman Fashion


Hi there! Today is the day that you guys get to see me without my glasses! I wrote in a Sunday Funday recently that I got contacts, but I didn't share with you how I looked like without them. So here it is!

"Style Diary" is a new series I'm starting on Style Generis (what this blog will be called starting on Monday. I will also change my url to stylegeneris.blogspot.com). It's basically just something to categorise my outfit posts in. There will be a new "Style Diary" up on Style Generis every Friday. I hope that you enjoy!


Dress: Taka Plaza | Cardigan: AĆ©ropostale | Belt: Taka Plaza | Shoes: Converse | Necklace: Topshop | Watch: Kenneth Cole


I thought the name "Freshman Fashion" was pretty appropriate for this outfit because it was what I wrote on my first day of high school. I wanted to be comfortable, but still make a fashionable (and good!) first impression.

I cinched the sweet polka dot dress in at the waist with a deep red belt and paired it with a burgundy striped cardigan to make the dress a bit more casual. I didn't want to look too dressed up. That would pretty much be like having a sign with the word "freshman" above my head, which would NOT be good.


To finish off the outfit, I added a dainty charm necklace that I got from Topshop and my trusty pair of sequin Converse. Fun fact, these were actually the first pair of Converse I ever got, all the way back in the summer of 2010 when I went to New York and first fell in love with the city.

My high school experience has actually been going pretty well so far. Everyone was super friendly and I didn't get lost (too many times, hehe) because the school only had two floors compared to my middle school which had three. I'll tell you guys a bit more about how my first week went in this week's Sunday Funday coming to you, on, well, Sunday. I think that was pretty self-explanatory.

How has your week been? What do you think of the whole Converse and dress combination? I know a few of my friends think it's absolutely horrendous (you know who you are...), but what about you? Please leave me a comment sharing your thoughts! I'd love to read what you have to say.


Thanks for reading!
- J

8 comments:

  1. No, it's not horrendous at all for me. In my opinion, the shoes and the dress get along well, and you do look casual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that... *insert sheepish grin here*

      - Juliana

      Delete
  3. You look great! Converse with a dress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad someone out there agrees with me. :)

      - Juliana

      Delete
  4. wow, you are absolutely gorgeous! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! That was really nice of you to say. :) Ooh, and thanks for following as well!

      - J

      Delete