Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Funday: Let's Enjoy It While It Lasts

Costume | Cutearoo | Puppies, Kittens, Baby Animals, Cute Pictures & Videos


Hi there! Because I had Monday off, this week was a pretty short one. Not much happened, to be honest with you, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to skip out on a Sunday Funday! It was just one of those chill weeks were you just kind of sit back and take every little thing in and soaking up as many of the awesome things that are happening to you as it happens.



I have an H&M within 15 kilometres of me now.

H&M Jumpers


The first ever H&M in my city just had its grand opening last Thursday and I couldn't possibly be happier. I unfortunately couldn't visit the mall on the opening day, but my mom went at lunch with her coworkers and it was PACKED. The line zigzagged in front of the doors and went all the way down to the other end of mall. And the mall just got extended like another 100 metres in length or so. I guess that was to be expected though.

After my spin class on Friday, my mom and I hoped in the car and headed to our H&M for the first time ever and I was just freaking out - I was that excited. Because I stupidly forgot to bring a pair of shoes besides my running shoes, I kind of looked awful roaming the store for a good hour or so, but there were a ton of people there, so I don't think they noticed my horrendous outfit. Not that I'd care anyway.

As far as purchases go, I didn't go crazy because that would not be good on my momma's wallet. I ended up getting two tiger sweaters (pictured above) that were actually on sale because of the grand opening. SCORE. (You can get them here)

Crazy Cat Lady Alert!

cat knees

(possibly a future DIY)

I've never thought of myself as a crazy cat lady, but hey! Things change. I probably don't exactly qualify as one because I don't actually own a cat, but lately, I've been very oddly obsessed with anything with a feline-esque feel to it such as beanies with cat ears, cat rings, the Féline sweaters... And the list goes on and on and on. I just love cats, especially Meredith Swift.

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.

yummmiii | via Tumblr


There's just something so comforting and relaxing about having a steaming bowl of oatmeal topped with fresh fruit with a glass of almond milk every morning. It's been a routine of mine for a few months now and has become one of my favourite parts of the day. Most of the time, it's pretty early in the morning, so I usually have the house all to myself, which is really nice. Even though I have to get to school and only have about half an hour on my luckiest days to enjoy my breakfast while simultaneously catching up on blog posts or reading, it's still a time of the day that I treasure and look forward to every morning. Sometimes, when I can't fall asleep, I'll just say to myself, "Just go to sleep. You can have your oatmeal in the morning." I'm just that weird.

Countdown to Hallowe'en

We are Kings


Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Hallowe'en. There's always some bad memory associated with each Hallowe'en in recent years for me, mostly involving how sucky my costume was.

This year, on the other hand, I am freaking ecstatic. I guess I'm cheating a bit because I'm not actually that excited about Hallowe'en itself, but rather what's going to happen on that day. I don't think I've ever mentioned it before, but you've probably noticed at some point (or not because I might not have ever smiled with my mouth open) that I actually have braces. I've had them on since the end of fifth grade, so that's about three years and a half that I've been wearing these suckers. On the 31st, I am finally getting them off and will finally be free of those horrible (but completely life-changing) things.

Something else that's a bit different this year is that I'm not actually going to go trick-or-treating. A few of my friends think that it's completely ridiculous (you know who you are), but I'm actually really stoked about getting to spend some time with my mom just handing out candy to little kids dressed up in adorable costumes. 

Are you celebrating Hallowe'en this year? If so, how? What's your favourite time of the day? Thoughts on H&M? Let me know in a comment below!


Thanks for reading!
- J

2 comments:

  1. Omg the oatmeal-breakfast thing makes you sound like a health freak... (it's a compliment, being healthy is awesome, don't be angry)...just like me ! Lol, that makes me sound self conceited....anyway, what I mean is I'm so glad to find a company :D I love oatmeal though by brothers can't see why, and I bring cucumbers and carrots to the movies while others buy popcorns and cola. (Now I'm the one sounding weird...but hey I actually eat junk food occasionally!) So I guess we can be Oatmeal Best Friends ? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, I think? :P No one else in my family finds comfort in oatmeal or likes oatmeal like I do, which is fine by me, to be honest. Just means more for me. ;) I'm not usually a huge health freak because I will eat junk food on occasion before I can stop myself. I mean, I just got popcorn and iced tea (because I HATE soda) at the movies yesterday with my friend.

      But YES, we should totally Oatmeal Buddies. :D

      - Juliana

      Delete