Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Christmas Countdown: What's Coming Up On Style Generis

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter


Hi there! I think it's important to note that there are only 42 days or exactly six weeks until Christmas. WHAT?! Where has this year gone by? December is an incredibly busy month for everyone and I'm no different. There are so many exciting things coming up on Style Generis that I thought I should tell you about so you know what to expect. I also really, really wanted to know what other things you are looking for on blogs that you can't seem to find during the holiday season.

First off, gift guides. There are going to be six gift guides going up, so one per week, until Christmas, ranging from DIY gifts (the very first one that your eyeballs will be able to see this Thursday) to gifts for fashion lovers to gifts for the men in your life. The gift guides are probably going to be the posts I'm most excited about, you have no idea.

Because Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up in a few short weeks, there will be a post on shopping tips and another one catered specifically to Christmas shopping going up shortly. It's going to very Christmas oriented, let me tell you. I'm obnoxiously obsessed with Christmas, so a more tame version of that will show just a smitch.

There will be outfit inspiration for holiday parties or dinners that you might be going to like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.

I will also have a Christmas giveaway coming up which I'm also really excited for you to learn about. Just so I don't raise anyone's hopes, I am a high school student, so I don't have the budget to spend a bunch of money on a really special prize PLUS ship it internationally, so it's not going to be a huge. But we should all still get excited about it, though.

What is getting you excited for these next few weeks leading up to the holidays? What posts do you want to see on the blog? What do you think of what's to come? Leave your comments below! There is always room for more posts to make y'all happy. :)


Thank you so very much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited about everything you're going to blog, especially the DIY. I think your DIYs are awesome and I can't wait to see another coming up! Though we don't celebrate Christmas here, I can definitely feel your excitement through your post. Hm, maybe I should start celebrating Christmas, there will never be too many joyful holidays after all. I think I won't get your giveaway because I live VERY faraway from Canada, but still I'd really like to see what you will prepare! (I can almost see your creativity juice flowing around now...) And just maybe, you can post some Christmas recipes? (and MAYBE featuring oatmeal? Haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you're so excited about it!!! I've been trying to prepare a DIY for sooo long (the gold earbuds bracelet if you remember from a while back), but it has kept on failing, so that's why there hasn't been a DIY up in like forever.

      You should totally start celebrating Christmas! I'm not Christian or anything, so I don't celebrate it religiously, if you know what I mean, but it's so much fun to get in the spirit of things.

      I'm thinking of making the prize for the giveaway pretty small so I can make it international, so maybe, just maybe, Melody. :)

      I'll definitely think about the Christmas recipe and I'll try to come up with something oatmeal-y. Thanks for the request!!!

      - J

      Delete