Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Gift Guide: For Her Under $100

stay fit and love


Hi there! If you couldn't find anything for your loved one in last week's DIY gift guide, maybe you'll get some luck in this week's. Most of us are on a budget when we're Christmas shopping, so this gift guide is full of budget gifts for her under $100. There are a few gifts for each "type" of girl out there, but if you'd like me to do a full post on a specific one, there'll be a poll at the end that you can take to let me know!

For the ATHLETIC one...


Blogilates

I've been really into fitness lately by going to the gym and such, so something that any fitness-loving girl would love if she doesn't already have it is a yoga mat. You could also get her some workout gear if you're really close with her, or add a water bottle to the gift. 

Blogilates Yoga Mat
oGorgeous Water Bottle
oGorgeous Tank Top


For the ORGANISATION fanatic...



An agenda is essential in anyone's life, especially a student's. Because this Kate Spade agenda is a bit on the pricier side at $36, it's not something most people would buy for themselves, making it a perfect gift. Just take note of how it's laid out just to make sure that she'll like it. I know that it'd be really annoying to have an agenda that doesn't have all the things you need, like a monthly calendar.

For the WRITER...


We all have that friend in our lives who's just amazing at writing. If your's is anything like mine, she probably goes through or at least wants a new notebook as often as the girls in the YouTube beauty community want new Bath & Body Works candles (if you know what I mean). 

You could get your friend this Moleskine Evernote Notebook. Moleskines are really good quality notebooks and for this one in particular, you can take photos of it with your smartphone that you can upload to your Evernote, making it really easy to transfer your ideas online. It also comes with three months of Evernote Premium, which is a plus.

For the GIRLY one...



These are a pretty inexpensive gift at $10, but a really adorable one: marcaron boxes. You can put tons of little trinkets in them, and if you want to up it up a notch, you can actually put some jewellery in it and give all of that as a gift.

For the DIY-ER...



As a fellow DIY-er, I know that there's one thing that my heart has always desired: a Michael's gift card. Michael's is any DIY fanatic's heaven, but a lot of the things in there are over-priced/really expensive, even if it's worth it. A nice little gift card will surely make that person happy. But if you want a more thoughtful gift, think about what kind of DIYs she does. Is she into cardmaking or scrapbooking? Get her patterned paper or new stamps. Is she into DIY-ing clothes? Get her some funky studs from Etsy. Stuff like that.

For the ARTSY one...


Get her a Fujifilm Instax Mini camera. I've always been fascinated by Polaroids because you could hold the picture in your hand right after you take it. Another option is a Diana, which is a camera that shoots lomography-style photos, but they can get a bit more pricey.

For pretty much ANY TEENAGE GIRL...

BarbieSexy ∞


I said teenage girl, but pretty much anyone who likes fruity scents, I'd recommend one of the Taylor Swift fragrances. I've smelled them all and own one of them (Wonderstruck) and I wear it pretty much every day that I remember to put on perfume.

Perfume in general is a really great gift because any scent can bring back so many memories and looks pretty on anyone's vanity. Plus, they're a bit pricey, so we don't tend to buy them for ourselves, but if you have a really close friend who you wouldn't mind spending that kind of money on, this would be a great gift.

For the MUSIC lover...



Lorde's new album Pure Heroine is pure perfection. If there's someone in your life who likes alternative pop music or who has fallen in love with her hit single Royals, they'll probably love her album too.

For a TECHY...

13" MacBook Case, 13" MacBook Air Case, 13" MacBook Pro Retina Case,Laptop sleeve,Macbook Air-Pro sleeve,Bag, PADDED, With Pocket For Ipad

If she owns a laptop, she'll probably want a laptop case (like this one), or if she already has one, a new one. There are tons of gorgeous designs on Etsy ranging from $20-$45, so there's something for everyone.

Would you like a more in-depth gift guide on any of these "types" of people? I'll definitely be doing one dedicated to fashion, but is there anything else you want to see? If it hasn't already been mentioned in this post, leave me a comment below telling me what you want to see!

Which gift guide would you like to see?

Athletic Girl

Organisation Fanatic

Writer

Girly One

DIY-er

Artsy

Music Lover

Techy


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot because all those options are thoughtfully conceived and will surely meet the need of the receiver! I sometimes have problems preparing gifts simply because I don't know what the receiver wants or if he/she has already bought it. And the other times I just want to give him/her a surprise or something unique that nobody else would think of. I'm SO picky on gifts.
    Anyway, I think there are something more to add to the list of different types of people. For instance, book worms or/and fangirls.
    Now thinking of this, I think the key of choosing a good gift isn't "what", but "who". It's the friend you're giving the gift to that matters, so knowing the person and noticing the daily details can't be more important when choosing gifts...I've learned that by the hard way :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that. :) I'm glad that there's someone out there who enjoys the whole gift-giving process as much as I do.

      If there's time and space in my schedule (the latter shouldn't be too difficult to do), I'll definitely add some other people to the list! The only reason why I was a bit hesitant to add bookworms was because I haven't been reading nearly as much as I should be with all the craziness in my life.

      - Juliana

      Delete