Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Funday: Busy, Busy Bee


Hi there! You've probably noticed that there are a few changes with the design. Maybe? Anyway, I updated my header and a few bits and pieces here and there and I'm just so happy with it. I spent a really long time last night just trying to make it just perfect. You have no idea how annoying it is when it takes you like an hour to do the header and when you upload it to the blog, it's not the right size. Not cool.

My week was incredibly busy, but here are a few things that allowed me to relax and get excited about.


Pinterest has become a thing again.

http://theshortlink.com/pinteresttips 5 Pinterest Tips For Getting Started And Generating High Viral Traffic To Your Site (HINT: All of them FREE)


I've distanced myself from Pinterest for about a few weeks because I followed this girl who had amazing pins, but she pinned so much that it was too overwhelming to even check my feed. I'd check it may twice a week for literally like two minutes and get off the app on my phone because it was just too much.

One day, I was just feeling kind of bored, so I went back on Pinterest and fell in love with it all over again. I've been pinning a bunch of recipes and pretty pictures and stuff, so if you want to check that out, click here.

My new favourite (healthy?) snack

Smoked Paprika Pumpkin Seeds | Appledrane


After carving five pumpkins this Hallowe'en and scooping out all its guts, my mom and I decided to roast the seeds. I can't believe I haven't tried these things earlier because they are the best thing ever. They tasted especially delicious right out of the oven and could seriously be a good substitute for popcorn. You know, besides the fact that it takes about 45 minutes to bake.

I usually have a handful of pumpkin seeds with about a tablespoon of dried cranberries as a snack at school and it surprisingly fills me up. I followed this recipe from A Beautiful Mess, but they must've been lying or have a ridiculously strong oven because it did NOT take me ten minutes to bake these babies.

Finally. A break.
I feel like I've just been going and going and working and working nonstop for too long, so I was so happy to have a day off from school this past Friday. I planned to a do a lot things, but just ended up having a lazy day DIY-ing and trying out a savoury oatmeal recipe for lunch that I found online and made it my own. I think everyone needs those days every once in a while when you just relax, don't stress out, and just have some me time. Everyone needs some me time.

May the odds be ever in your favour!


I've always been a fan of the Hunger Games series and was instantly fascinated by the idea behind the trilogy. When the first movie came out, I wasn't dressed up like Katniss or anything to go see the movie, book in hand, but I was still pretty darn excited. I was a bit disappointed, like a lot of people, I think, after seeing the movie, but now that the sequel is coming up, I'm excited all over again to see it. It's my favourite book in the series, so it better be good. I'm going to an early showing of it on Thursday night for an early showing in town and I simply can't wait.

What do you think of the new design? Are you on Pinterest? If so, leave your username below so I can check out your boards. Are you excited about Catching Fire?


Thanks for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment