Saturday, January 18, 2014

Collection Crush: Veronique Branquinho Pre-Fall 2014

Image Credit: Style.com
Hi there! I hope that you're all having a fantastic Saturday afternoon, whether you've been relaxing or working away all day, clearly you've made time for a little break if you're reading this. 

I absolutely love discovering new designers and not just the big names that have become a part of our culture like Chanel or Gucci, but smaller ones like in today's case, Veronique Branquinho. Maybe you've heard of her before and have seen her work, but I was pretty excited when I discovered her designs one morning while riding the bus. I swear, I think the people who take the bus with me think I'm crazy.


Image Credit: Style.com
I've been really into textures lately and have been gushing over things like this sweater. Argyle with fur - who would've thought of that? Something that I just adore about this designer is that her clothes are pretty wearable despite the complex idea. For this collection especially, it was so innovative to mix all these different textures that are all very "in" into one piece. 

Image Credit: Style.com

Image Credit: Style.com
These two dresses, two of my favourites, are absolutely stunning. The geometric lines add such a lovely shape to the garments and the sleeves are really something. I'm not going to lie - these designs made me just want to go to my local fabric store, pick up some fur, and make faux fur cuffs of some sort.

Image Credit: Style.com
On a more serious note... (see, the model's scolding at you for gushing at the previous designs) take a look at these pants. They are just so freaking cool. Instead of a boring work pants, the colourblocking-type design adds such a fresh twist to the pants.

Image Credit: Style.com
I'm actually kind of speechless. The detailing on the sleeves clearly have a historic influence, but somehow, once you inspect the garment carefully, it just looks so modern, fresh, and just so unique. All in all, I want that in my closet, guys.

Image Credit: Style.com
There's something about this ensemble that just immediately makes me think of the Great Gatsby in the wintertime. Or am I the only one? 

Again with the textures, I just love how she incorporated so much into a garment, yet kept it so simple at the same time. The earthy tones complement each other so well and the pop of bright green in the middle just wakes the whole dress up. And the gloves are just to die for.

As you might be able to see (if you have the same taste and opinion as I do), I saved the best for last. The mustard-olive-y coloured leather jacket has such a refreshing cut and is paired beautifully over the colour block sweater and structured skirt. Of course, you can't forget the gloves which are one of the stand out pieces for sure of her collection. It's quite unusual, I find, for gloves to be even created as a part of a collection/presentation, so I just couldn't help but fall in love with these.

What did you think of the collection/presentation? Which piece was your favourite? What did you like or dislike about the whole thing? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment