Friday, January 31, 2014

Style Diary: Lunar New Year


Hi there! First of all, I'd just like to say, happy, happy New Year to all those who celebrate it! Hopefully, it's a day you'll be spending with your family eating delicious food and gearing up for a better and brighter year to come. I'm going to keep this post short and sweet, so let's get into it!



Jacket: H&M | Shirt: Mom's | T-Shirt: Old Navy | Shorts: Gap | Socks: Chinese Laundry

I showed this jacket before in a haul I did a few weeks ago and it's ridiculously formal/dressy, so I really had no idea where I'd be able to wear it. I still have no idea, but since it's the New Year and all, I thought that wearing red and other bright colours would be appropriate. It's a shame because it's such a gorgeous print and just makes me so happy whenever I look at it.

I paired it with a simple white tee with a crisp white shirt over top, some denim shorts, and knee-high socks. This is one of those outfits that I would just prance around in my house in because I don't think my parents would want to leave the house with me in it, haha.


These denim shorts are my first proper pair that I got at an outlet last summer and they are just my absolute favourite. They fit like a dream and are just the perfect shape. Gosh, I miss summer. *looks longingly out the window only to see snow, snow, and more snow*

It's still cold out, so I still can't take photos outside which sucks because I think a brick wall is a bit more scenic than the back of a bedroom door. Yeah, not cool, I know. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right?


Do you celebrate Lunar New Year? If so, from which country? How do you feel now that it's the end of January? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading and Chuc Mung Nam Moi (that means Happy New Year in Vietnamese)!
- J

6 comments:

  1. So, you celebrate Chinese New Year too? ^__^ Gong Xi Fa Cai
    (I am a Chinese)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could say that, haha. Technically I celebrate Tet (Vietnam's Lunar New Year). I'm a bit late but happy Lunar New Year to you, too! - J

      Delete
  2. I celebrate Lunar New Year, too! I'm a Taiwanese. :) And you finally found a way to wear that bright jacket, it looks really good with all that outfit!
    By the way, I went to somewhere that the temperature is below zero Celsius last week, so I finally felt the real definition of "freaking cold". Well, kind of. So, now I think I get a slight idea of how it feels there and your desire for summer (though this week is freaking hot here again :p.) Wish you have a happy new year...and good weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet compliments! Ooh, and where'd you go that was so "freaking cold"? :) Thanks again and I wish you good luck and happiness in the year to come! - J

      Delete
    2. I went up the mountains to see the stars with classmates of an astronomy club. It's impossible to see a sky full of stars in the city where I live :(. (Although it's so freaking cold that I not only once thought that my toes were going to fall off, the stars are totally worth it!)

      Delete
    3. Wow, that sounds amazing! I'm starting astronomy right now in school, so hopefully, I'll love it. I really want to love it and hope I do now that you've told me about your little adventure. :D - J

      Delete