Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Funday: February 2/14

Live Your Life
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! I am so unbelievably happy that it’s finally February! Even though January went by super quickly, it was such a hectic month that I am so, so glad is over. February’s going to feel like a pretty short one as well because it is only 28 days and it’s pretty crazy how quickly 2014 is already going by. But I guess that’s life. You just have to remember to stop and smell the roses, the wise advice I got from a wise English teacher a few years back.

Exams are over.

Exam week was a pretty chill week for me, to be honest, but I’m so glad it’s over. I had three exams and I feel pretty good about them, so I’m hoping that I did alright. I studied my little heart out, so it better pay off, haha. After I finished my last one on Thursday, a good friend from school and I went out for sushi to celebrate and just had the best time. I don’t know if you’re reading this right now, but it was good and we have to do this again soon.

Books, books, books!

Okay, confession. I haven’t actually finished the Fashion 2.0 book yet, but I guess it was pretty stupid/ambitious of me to think that I should attempt to finish a book while I was studying for exams and a test for Spanish. I will however, finish it by the end of the week and have the post up then if things go according to plan.

Yesterday, when I was out with my mom on a “quick” errand (it ended up being like two hours long because we got sucked into like everything), we somehow ended up at HomeSense and I died when I saw that they had a bunch of fashion coffee table books on clearance. Clearance! Granted, the books aren’t in the best condition, but it was like 65% off, so I was a very happy camper. I ended up getting 100 Years of Fashion by Cally Blackman and In Vogue by Alberto Oliva and I just can’t wait to read them.

The 100 Years book has actually been on my wishlist for about two years now. I remember picking it up in Chapters when I was with my mom and being all “I want to get this! Can I get this? But aw, it’s $48. Poo,” and I put it back down. It’s pretty funny how things work out.

Guitar and other music loves

I took a break from guitar from a while, maybe about three or four months because I was so busy and didn’t really feel like playing. I didn’t realise how much I missed it until I started playing again these past few weeks and it just feels so good. There’s just something so satisfying, fulfilling, and relaxing about sitting on my bed, singing horribly to my favourite songs with the chords to accompany it. Lately, I’ve been in love with playing “Let Her Go” by Passenger, “All Too Well” by Taylor Swift, and the pre-chorus and chorus of “Timber” by Ke$ha and Pitbull. Pre-chorus and chorus only because I can’t rap and I don’t think I really want to attempt to rap that part of the song, either.

That brings me to another point: Taylor Swift. Can we just take a moment to talk about her absolutely amazing (in my opinion) performance of “All Too Well” at the Grammys last weekend? Yeah? Okay, cool. She was so good and I just sat there on my couch watching her, mesmerised. Her dress was gorgeous, she was gorgeous and it’s one of my favourite songs from her, so I was pretty darn happy.



Are your exams over? What have you been reading lately? Any new music (or old) that you think I should check out? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!

- J


No comments:

Post a Comment