Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm Feeling a Bit Nostalgic

Romantic coffee shop. #coffeeshop #rustic  I would love to open a coffee shop like this!
Image via Tumblr
Hi there! With Spring Break coming up, I’m definitely going to be relaxing and taking advantage of the week that I have off, which I’m so stoked about. During that week off, I’m planning on spending a bit of time in a coffee shop. I don’t know, there’s something about them that are just so alluring and I can’t help but want to visit every once in a while. And there's something so nostalgic about that to me.

Weekend Reading List: House of Cards, survival lessons for entrepreneurs, & the WhatsApp deal
Image Credit: FullStart
I think the reason why I can’t help but be drawn to them is because of 7th grade when my friends and I spent our lunch time at a cute little place a short walking distance from school. It sat about twelve people, I’d say and I remember each time we walked in after being outside in the cold, my glasses fogged up to the point where I couldn’t see, but being able to smell the fragrant pastries was more than enough.


Cranberry Lemon Scones | A Better Happier St. Sebastian
Image Credit: A Better Happier St. Sebastian
Cranberry scones were a favourite of mine and the hot chocolate was, too. I remember buying them and we would break off pieces to share, but they always picked out the cranberries because no one but me cared for them.


(1) Tumblr
Image via Tumblr
It’s really funny to think about it now because I certainly didn’t realise it then, but I spent a hell of a lot of money there during my two years at that school. Well, there and the coffee shop next door after the cute little one closed down.

Flip And Style: Just A Free Spirit
Image Credit: Flip and Style
I have so many lovely memories of that place and they’re what triggered my itch to wrap my hands around a cup of something warm with a book or my laptop under the dim lights. It’s such a cosy idea to me. How about you?

Leave your comments and share your thoughts and stories below! I'd be delighted to hear what you have to say.

Oh, and guess what today is? Post #300. I still can't believe it. Thank you for everything you wonderful people who read this. Thank you.


And thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment