Sunday, March 16, 2014

One Year Blog Anniversary!

Tumblr
Image via WeHeartIt
Hi there! First of all, I just wanted to apologise for not posting these past few days. I've just been feeling really pressured to get something out and in turn, didn't write anything because I just didn't feel inspired to and didn't want to put out content that I wouldn't be proud of. Excuses, excuses, I know, but that's the truth.

Anyway, today, there's a reason to celebrate: it's this little baby's one year anniversary! I still cannot believe that it's already been a year and 303 blog posts. THREE HUNDRED AND THREE. That's crazy to think about. Starting this blog was a spur of the moment decision and I couldn't be happier that I seized the moment and just went with it. It started out as Coco and Picasso (here's my first post if anyone wants to read it) and has since morphed into Style Generis, a blog that I am ridiculously proud of. Whether you've been here since the very beginning or just happened to stumble upon my little nook of the Web today, thank you, thank you, thank you for visiting.

Another huge thank you is in order for a special someone in my life because without her, none of this would've been possible. If you've been around for a while, you probably know who I'm talking about, but she's my best friend and the person who inspired me to start my blog in the first place. I discovered hers and decided that maybe I should make one, too. So thank you, thank you, thank you B. You have forever changed my life. Not to, you know, be dramatic or anything like that.

One of my most proud moments was definitely when I posted my Taylor Swift 22 t-shirt DIY which was my fifth post ever which got a crazy amount of views that I still cannot comprehend. Then came my first ever Links à la Mode mention for a post where I just spoke my mind and it landed me some wonderful comments that continued to make my day for days after that.

Another huge one was my DIY infinity wire ring which was something that I first made as gifts for my best friends for Christmas because they all wanted them but they weren't so popular back then. That one just blew my mind because I'd never expected it to be so popular. I mean, it has a crazy amount of repins (for me, at least) and all.

More recently, I shared my ideas for back-to-school outfit ideas which got way more views than I could've ever hoped for and the same thing for my Tris (Divergent) costume. Like, who knew?

So once again, an enormous thank you to all of you who read my blog and comment and for just being overall lovely, lovely people and I hope that you enjoyed this little segment of Reminiscing with Juliana. Your support means the world to mean and I can't wait to tackle the next 365 days/three hundred and something posts with you.

I don't think I've said thank you enough in this little rambly post, so THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment