Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Funday: March 23/14

Coffe spring
Image Credit: We Heart It
Hi there! It’s been a long week of studying after an absolutely amazing Spring Break. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun in one week and this has to be the best Spring Break I’ve ever had.

I got to see my two best girlfriends where we talked, ate, and talked some more. I also got to see my best guy friend again and had the most lovely and hilarious chat that made me feel… whole again, in a way, like I did with my girlfriends. And to top it all off, I got to hang out with my brother and take him out a bunch of times. There’s something that being able to talk to my best friends, close friends, and my brother that makes me incredibly happy and makes me feel alive and amazing. Do you guys feel that way?

Anyway, let’s get into what I’ve been up to post-Spring Break.

First off, the Divergent movie. I wasn’t expecting it to be very good, to be honest, because I was rather annoyed with the casting of Tris and Four, but it turned out to be a lot better than I thought it’d be and was pleasantly surprised. The movie was pretty close to the book which might have to do with how Veronica Roth was the co-producer, but of course, there were still a few romantic Tris and Four scenes that they left. Actually, scratch that, they left most of them out, but they made up for it by bringing the other parts of the book to life faithfully.

I think what made me enjoy the movie more was actually not reading the book before going into the theatres. That way, I found that what happened in the book and its details weren’t so vivid in my mind, so I could appreciate the book for the book and the movie for the movie.

I went to see the movie with my whole family Friday and it’s pretty cool to see how one movie can pretty much bring the whole area’s teenagers all together. I even managed to run into people I haven’t seen in years and others at a freaking restaurant afterwards. It’s a small world, haha. Now talking about the movie, I’m getting the itch to go see it again.

Lately, I’ve been listening to a lot of music, which makes me really happy. I hadn’t realised how much it did lift my spirits until these past few weeks. This week, I’ve been obsessed with this British artist named Birdy. Yes, I know, the name is a bit different and my friends even did a double take when I told them about my new obsession.

Anyway, she has this lovely voice that is so compelling and her lyrics, ohmygosh, I’m obsessed. My favourite songs by her at the moment are “Light Me Up” which just feels like summer and gives me this exhilarating rush every time I listen to it, “Wings” which is like reminiscing good memories, and “All About You.” You should definitely go give her a listen. Oh, and did I mention she’s only seventeen? I don’t know, I just get so much more proud and into an artist or anyone, actually, if they’re still teens.

As I mentioned in Friday’s post, I’m away on a little, err, retreat, I guess you could say, at the moment. As I’m writing this, I’ve just come from an amazing dinner with my brother where we ate an abundance of fries and pie. So basically, I’m stuffed and my brain isn’t functionally properly, but it’s perfectly okay because I’m having a great time. I’m absolutely exhausted right now, so I don’t have any photos to show you, but you’ll get to see them next week, I promise.


Are you planning to go see Divergent? Thoughts on the book? Have you ever heard of Birdy? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Actually, I just discovered Birdy, too! I think her voice is really incredible, my favorite song of hers is actually a cover of the song Skinny Love.
    I found Birdy through another singer called Christina Perri, who, I remember, is going to go on tour with Birdy or something (gah, my memory isn't functioning, either.) Anyway, Christina is another amazing singer that you should check out :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birdy is awesome and I'm glad someone else agrees. :D - J

      Delete