Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Funday: May 25/14

alyona
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! So remember my super long Sunday Funday about how amazing last week was for me? Well, this one will be considerably shorter (hopefully, for your sake), but it’s been equally amazing. I’m starting to get a bit paranoid because things are going so well, but I’m trying to ignore that paranoia and just enjoy the moment. It’s probably the calm before the storm that are exams and summatives, but I feel like I can concur them a hell of a lot better than I did last time.

For some reason, I feel like this pair of Nikes describes my current state of mind perfectly. I've been working out a lot and it's been feeling sort of magical and amazing, hence the milky galaxy-esque gradient on the sole. And the heart just represents how happy I am right now, you know?

The passing Monday was Victoria Day in Canada, so we all got a day off. That was the day I got back from Toronto and I just woke up early, walked to the gym and spent a couple hours there, walked home, and had breakfast with Wattpad. Basically a perfect morning, but pretty uneventful.

My workout plans and all that have been going super well lately. It’s only been two weeks or so, but I’ve been staying on track with going to gym and eating clean (I’ve only had one cheat meal, tehe), so I’m extremely happy about that. I’ve been told that it take three weeks to build a habit (but my personal trainer told me that it’s supposed to be six months, but whatever :P), so just another week and I’ll just feel that much more accomplished. I’m so lame.

Something that I’ve been really into recently is playing guitar. If you’ve been keeping up with my Sunday Fundays for a while now, you’ll know that every time I get really into guitar again, I’ll talk about, but then I’ll fall out of it. I hadn’t touched my guitar for a couple of months before a few weeks ago and now I’m pretty much playing everyday. I’ll tell myself, “Oh, just treat yourself to playing one or two songs then you can go to sleep.” Obviously, I get carried away and end up sitting on the edge of my bed rapping to Ed Sheeran, guitar in hand, for about an hour instead. Basically, it’s been my source of joy for the past few weeks.

Anyway, I finally got around to seeing Spider-man 2 Friday night after three weeks or waiting. I can’t really decide if I liked this one more or the first one more. The first one was definitely a lot more cheerful, I guess and light-hearted, whereas this one is a bit more sad and deep. I’m not going to spoil it for those who haven’t already seen it, but it was pretty darn sad. I didn’t cry (I did get very emotional though), but my girl friend did when we went (a lot) and I kind of felt bad for my guy friend who accompanied us. Oops.

Speaking of movies, I finally got my hands on The Fault in our Stars. I know that I’m so late on this bandwagon, but I’m finally getting around to reading it. A lot of people have told me that it’s amazing and really good and all, whereas others have told me that it’s overrated, so I have mixed feelings about starting this hyped-up novel.

What is your perfect morning? Have you seen Spider-man 2 yet? What do you think of The Fault in Our Stars? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Ah, finally! I think TFiOS is okay (see what I did there?), I'm super excited for the movie! Even if you don't like the book, you gotta admit John Green and his brother Hank Green are amazing people! :) (they male vlogs on YouTube)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the book yet (I will start it tonight, actually), but I DO see what you did there from all the ads I've seen. :D - J

      Delete