Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Funday: May 4/14

Image Credit: We Heart It
Hi there! Holy moly I just had the craziest week and weekend and just ugh, life’s been crazy. So many amazing things happened this week and I’m honestly just on top of the world right now. I’m that happy and it feels just spectacular.

Remember the whole personal trainer thing I was talking about earlier? Well, there were a few mishaps and I ended up having to change gyms for the trainer to GoodLife which is the gym I’m with for my regular workout routine. Anyway, I wasn’t there the first time my mom went to talk to them, so they somehow ended up getting me a male personal trainer which, me being an insecure little 14-year-old when it comes to her physical ability (or lack thereof), freaked me out A LOT.

My mom was so cute about the whole thing because she was just like “I didn’t even think of it that way…” But she saw how uncomfortable I was about it, so she ended up switching to a female personal trainer and I actually love her already. She’s just so sweet and bubbly and I can’t wait to start working with her tomorrow.

I had a pancake breakfast to raise money for education funding for girls in Uganda at school. I’ve heard a lot of my friends talk about pancake breakfasts from my other friends at other schools, so I was pretty happy when I found out that my school was going to have one as well. None of my girlfriends wanted to go because they’re just not into the school community and all that nearly as much as I am, so I ended up going with one of my good guy friends and we just had a blast early on a Thursday morning at school.

Then, as mentioned in my Style Diary, I went to something called Leadership Camp. Turns out, it’s actually about leadership and I had an absolutely amazing time. I was pretty nervous at first because I didn’t know many of the people who went to camp, but I ended up being just so happy all weekend and loving my leaders and everyone in my group. I don’t think I’ve ever cried so much in such a short period of time, either which should be some kind of accomplishment, I think because it’s very rare that I cry unless you’ve succeeded in making me laugh really hard.

It was such a crazy experience that has definitely changed me and made me realise that everyone has their own story despite the façade they might put up for others to feed off of. It made me want to become a leader and a better person and just got me really inspired to get my high school experience really going so I won’t regret my inactivity when graduation comes around. Judging by how quickly this school year has gone by, it’s clear that if I don’t decide to make the next three years memorable like right now, it’ll all be over before I know it.

Lastly, I just wanted to wish a very special someone a belated happy birthday. I wasn’t able to stay home this weekend obviously because I had Camp, so I missed out on my dad’s initial birthday celebrations which actually sucks. I know that I don’t tell him that I love him and that I appreciate him nearly enough, so I’m saying it now. Thank you for everything that you’ve done for me and I wish you a very, very happy birthday.


I’ve been told that we’re going out for dinner at a lovely Asian buffet place, so I guess I won’t be missing out on too much. I did miss out on Spider-Man 2 which made me quite sad, but I can't wait to go see it with a friend who's a pretty big fan of the first movie as well. There's just something about Gwen and Peter's romance that just captured my heart and the fact that the two actors behind those extraordinary roles are still together after all these years, not matter how much they evade the questions from the media.

Have you guys ever had pancake breakfast at your school? Or something like Leadership Camp? How'd you find it? Share your stories below!!!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment