Friday, September 19, 2014

Style Diary: Last Taste of Summer


Hi there! I apologise that this is up a bit late and that I missed like two posts this week, but I've been a busy bee as always. My time-management skills will have to be put into overdrive from now until summer, so I'm crossing my fingers that things will go a bit more smoothly blogging-wise from now on.

I had a pretty darn amazing week at school these past few days, especially compared to my very eh second week of school. Loads happened, but of course, if you've been around for a while, you'll find out exactly what those things are on Sunday. It's an extremely rare case that I'll miss a Sunday Funday, so you can always tune in then to find out what I've been up to, but I've been busy, that's for sure.




Top: Zara | Shorts: Urban Outfitters | Shoes: Converse | Necklace: Dynamite | Earrings: Forever 21

For this look, I decided to go for a green tropical top with a peplum hem paired with some faux leather shorts that have a silvery sheen to them as well as some pretty wicked lasercut details that I'm still fawning over. To add to the sporty vibe of the shorts, I added some patterned grey and white Converse that I got about four to five years ago in Florida but have very rarely ever worn. To finish it off, I went for some blue studs and a necklace to top it off. All in all, a fun summery look before diving into the darker colours/months.




I'd taken these photos a bit earlier in the month when it was warm enough to wear these new babies (the shorts) that I'd gotten my hands on this past summer, but with the ridiculously cold weather that has hit my part of town, wearing these shorts now would be a bit difficult. I was going to wear this for picture day, but since that earlier this week (and also very, very cold - like 6 degrees Celsius, 40-ish Fahrenheit), I had to switch it up a bit with some corduroy pants and a leather jacket.

Despite the changes in weather, I wanted to share with you this outfit regardless. I mean, it might be warm where you are, right? 



These shorts were a very proud find of mine. B and I were doing one final get-together before the end of summer and were in Urban Outfitters. We came across their sale section which is always a hit or miss and as I was going through the racks, I found these shorts. They were a bit on the pricey side for what I'd typically spend on clothing, let alone shorts that I rarely wear at all, but they were so worth it.

B pushed me into buying them and I'm so glad I did. They're not absolutely perfect in terms of fit and everything, but whatever. Close enough. (Which is a really bad way to shop, so don't take follow my example guys.)

I'm thinking about trying to make these shorts work in an outfit for Monday when the weather is supposedly going to warm up. There's a pretty big thing happening at the start of next week and I want to look my absolute best for it, but there's still a chance that that will fall through, so again, check the Sunday Funday for details since I'll be finding out that info by then. Gosh, I'm just a nervous and frazzled ball of excitement right now. Let's hope that made sense.


What'd you think of my outfit? How's the weather like where you are? Do you have exciting plans coming up? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


4 comments: