Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Funday: October 5/14

Image Credit: martinak15 via Flickr
Hi there! I’m pretty sure that I say this every single week, or nearly every single week, but if I were to describe the past seven days in one word, it’d be busy. Freaking busy. Actually, make that two words, busy and exhausting. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore being busy and that good kind of stress that makes you feel accomplished at the end of the day, but I learned this week that I can’t deal with the kind of busy where I don’t sleep enough, don’t work out enough (once a week is just… no), and don’t eat well enough. It just became this cycle of feeling gross and gross and gross. A handful of exciting things happened, but I absolutely despised that gross feeling that I had that week and a half. (You can insert a mental image of me shivering with disgust right here.)

My biggest day this week was definitely Tuesday. I had a math test that morning, my club/magazine meeting at lunch, and then a history presentation right after lunch. Plus, I had to tutor after school, so my schedule was packed to the max. I was super stressed on Monday because I was worried that I’d just, well, die, but it ended up going super duper well. Actually, I can’t quite say that yet considering that I haven’t gotten my test back yet, but I think I did pretty well for that and the magazine meeting was actually really productive and I can’t wait to move forward with it. We’re doing a winter issue and one for every season (I know, I make it sound like there are so many when there aren’t), so I’m just a bit stressed about getting it all done, but I’ve done loads of planning this weekend already, so I think I should be alright. I’ll just let out a big long sigh of relief around mid-November.

My history presentation ended up going pretty well, too. I just realised that this Sunday Funday is just me telling you about my school week. Aw well.

We had to write a story from the point of view of a Canadian soldier and showcase his motivation for enlisting for the first world war. I suddenly got super excited about writing it and I didn’t end up stuttering too much while presenting it, which is good. My teacher seemed to thoroughly enjoy it and it just made me happy. The cherry on top of my day was how I managed to muster up enough energy to drag myself to the gym and sweat quite a bit. Too bad that habit wore off the rest of the week, eh?

The really, really great thing happened on Thursday when I got an important email back from an important someone. I’m really terrified that writing about it now will jinx it, but it’s something that really great that popped up in my personal last month and has been almost kind of confirmed this week. It has nothing to do with blogging, but I’ll tell you about it next week when I’m positive that it’s going to happen.

Anyway, the point in me telling you about this exciting thing but not actually telling you what it is was to give you a bit of context on why my family and I decided to spontaneously go out for dinner on a Thursday night. There’s this one tex-mex restaurant called Lone Star that my brother and I really like, but no one in the family can stand going there more than three times a year, so needless to say, it was very rare that we’d go. It’s pretty close to my house, so we decided to go there that night and as per usual, we got the fajitas and it was so, so, so good. There were also some deep-fried avocado wedges and absolutely delicious honey garlic chicken wings. Basically my major cheat of the week, except I cheated and messed up when it came to taking care of my body almost every single day. Just casual.

One last thing that I feel like needs to be mentioned is how I actually got eight hours of sleep one night this week, on Friday to be exact. I haven’t gotten eight hours in so long and I know that it’s absolutely terrible and detrimental to my health, but it’s just so hard to do that, especially when you miss one day and the cycle just continues. So basically, my lack of sleep is the root of the vast majority of my problems. You’d think I’d be smart enough to fix my sleep patterns with that knowledge.

Apparently not.

Goals of the week:

1) Get AT LEAST eight hours of sleep every night
2) Work out AT LEAST five days a week (aka just follow the schedule, J)
3) Only have one cheat meal some time during Thanksgiving weekend (honestly, not that much of a vanity thing but more just so I don’t feel sluggish and so I don’t fall into this neverending cycle of feeling gross)

Wish me luck guys. There’s so much going on next week and I have to mentally prepare myself for it all today. Well, thank goodness there’s Thanksgiving to look forward to (amongst other things).

Have you had as crazy of a week as I have? How do you like to de-stress when there isn't much time (I'd love your tips)? What are you looking forward to next week? Share your thoughts and leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Well, I suggest you don't be so strict on yourself (as usual XD). Sometimes it's okay to slack off a bit and not do everything according to schedule because no human can do everything at once, even though there SEEMS to be people like that. At the end we'll have to find what's the most important and make the best of it.
    And/or, focus on what you get from not doing something, for example I like to think that although I missed my work put session today, I have more time to sleep or do what I want. It means feeling a bit sluggish later, but it also means giving my exhausted body a break.
    At least that's what I learn from my personal experience. Hope this is helpful. :) (I don't want to sound bossy or anything lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't at all (bossy, I mean), don't you worry! I think I'm doing better with my goals this year thought! x

      Delete