Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Funday: November 23/14


Hi there! This week has been insane. I feel like I've used that word or variations of that word to describe my week nearly every freaking week, but if I had to pick one week that has been the absolute craziest, it would be this past one.

Keep reading to find out what I've been up to!

As you may or may not know, I started an online fashion magazine at school. It was one of my major goals for this upcoming school year and I knew that I just had to do it. I've chickened out of a few things last year already and I didn't want it to repeat itself.

After some encouragement from my friends B and C back in September, I decided to do it and they weren't going to let me back out anyway. I owe quite a bit to them. So I set up my booth at our club fair and despite the few guys who signed up as a joke, it all went pretty well.


We worked on this since late September until now and our first issue was "published" online on Tuesday this past week which was super exciting. You can give it a read right here if you'd like. It's called LEO and I'm so, so proud of it. The amount of support I've gotten from some of my classmates and my friends has just been incredible. There's also some other exciting news related to it, but nothing's absolutely final yet, so I'm not going to say anything this week, but hopefully, I'll have more details for you next week.

Aside from that, I've had a really chill week at school in terms of actual schoolwork. We got our report cards on Tuesday and I had low expectations going into it because I didn't think I did that well during the first term of the first semester, not as well as I did last year, anyway. Somehow, I managed to do quite a bit better than I'd expected which made me extremely happy.

I had a day off on Friday (thank God) and I got to hang out with B again. We made plans to see each other very spontaneously last week, but that was just for a bit over an hour (aka not nearly enough). We had some delicious Indian food and a slice of pumpkin pie which was just phenomenal. I don't mean to follow the whole pumpkin bandwagon or whatever, but I'm just in love with any pumpkin-y. I just can't help it.

Image Credit: Martin's Family Fruit Farm
Another food thing that I've been loving are Martin's Apple Chips. I saw them at Costco last week and I popped a bag into the cart and haven't looked back since. They are just so delicious and the only ingredient is apples. They even appealed to my brother's taste buds and he can't stand apples. If you ever get the chance to get your hands on these or any kind of apple chips, DO IT.

I know that my week was insane, but as I'm sitting here writing this right now, I can't seem to think of any other big events that made it such a special week for me. That may just be because it's 11:23 pm and I should be sleeping, aha.

Where has 2014 gone, like actually?! It feels like Hallowe'en was yesterday, not three weeks ago! And it's just a bit crazy how December is just around the corner. Good thing I already started Christmas shopping.

If you had to describe your week in one word, what would it be? Are there any cool clubs at your school? Have you ever tried apple chips? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment