Saturday, December 20, 2014

Holiday Party-Ready Outfits


Hi there! Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, or whatever it may be, surely you'll want to dress up and get into the spirit of things. I don't know about you, but there aren't that many opportunities for me to dress up in my daily life, so whenever I get a chance to get a little bit more dolled up, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

With your favourite red lipstick and sparkly eyeshadow, pair them any of these three outfits and you're going to be holiday party gold. 

For something a smitch more casual, I paired a cosy fairsle print sweater with a sequined skirt to bring in that holiday spirit. Chevron tights tone down the outfit and a fuzzy velvet headwrap keeps it casual. For some added height, I went for some blue velvet booties and studs for earrings to avoid keeping the earlobes bare.

Topshop Fairsle Patterned Sweater
Limited Edition Houndstooth Headwrap
Forever 21 Chevron Patterned Tights
Abercrombie & Fitch Sequin Skirt
FAZE Lace-Up Velvet Shoes

For something a bit more luxe, but still a bit more laidback, I opted for a beautiful cream crop sweater and a high-waisted patterned knit skirt. To add a bit of bling, I picked out a mix-matched bib necklace and a quirky pearl ring (maybe I'll even try to DIY this sometime). Again, for a bit of height, I went for some combat boots with a brushed metallic look and a chunky heel. Finally, I'd wear my hair up in a textured pony with a gold hair clip to add a bit more polish.

Nasty Gal Bells Out Crop Top
Baublebar Tassel Galaxy Bib Necklace
H&M Gold Hair Clip
Forever 21 Lace-Up Combat Boots
Nasty Gal Gettin' Pearly Wrap Ring
Pull&Bear Printed Knit Skirt

For the most glamorous one of the three, I centered the outfit around this gorgeous wine-coloured midi skirt with an unexpected sheer panel. To balance the bold red, I picked out a gold and cream sequined crop top that would just reveal about an inch of the midriff and some sheer black socks. To avoid drawing too much attention the rim of black at the top of the socks, I picked out some cute heels with an ankle strap so that it wouldn't be so obvious. For a finishing touch, I chose a simple minimalist cuff for a little arm candy.

Miss Selfridge Double Sequin Crop Top
ASOS Wine Midi Skirt with Sheer Panel
Love Rocks Double Cuff Bracelet
Urban Outfitters Sheer Polka Dot Ankle Socks
Seychelles Electrify Heels

Which outfit was your favourite? What do you tend to gravitate towards during the holiday season? What's your favourite thing that you've ever worn around this time of the year? Leave your comments and share your stories below!



Thank you so much for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment