Tuesday, February 17, 2015

3 New Ways to Wear Crop Tops

Hi there! A few days ago, a subscriber from my YouTube channel asked me for some ideas on how to wear crop tops - but with a twist. She wanted new ways to wear it but without high-waisted short, pants, or anything like that. It was definitely a daunting task since I've only worn crop tops with high-waisted pieces, but I gladly took the challenge and this is what I came up with.


For this first outfit, I picked a sheer maxi dress to wear over a bold magenta crop top. Add some sequined shorts slung loosely on your hips, a pair of wicked platform booties, and a crazy statement necklace, and you're good to go!

The Ragged Priest Sheer Maxi Dress
Zara Fringe Statement Necklace
Topshop Magenta Crepe Crop Top
Silence + Noise Liv Platform Heels
H&M Sequined Shorts

For this next one, I picked out some distressed denim shorts that I paired over some black lace ones for a bit more of an edgy look. To sweeten it up, I opted for a cream lace crop top and a casual peach blazer to throw on top. To finish it off, I went for some gladiator sandals and a pretty statement necklace for a little extra sparkle.

Forever 21 Classic Boyfriend Blazer
Free People Moody Moon Crop Top
Baublebar Sundial Chain Bib Necklace
Forever 21 Distressed Denim Shorts
Pixie Market Black Lace Shorts
Pixie Market Knee-High Gladiator Sandals

Finally, for this last outfit, I went for a soft pink crop top worn with an open chambray top over it. Then, I added some leather shorts and platform sandals. Remember that you could totally switch the heeled shoes out for a more comfortable option (even though platforms are pretty darn comfy)! As finishing touches, I decided on a rhinestone ear cuff and a blue fedora.

ASOS Oversized Chambray Shirt
Nasty Gal Pink Satin Crop Top
Merona Blue Fedora
Forever 21 Rhinestone Ear Cuff
Nasty Gal Home Stretch Shorts
ASOS Leather Heeled Sandals

Which outfit was your favourite? How do you typically wear crop tops? Are you a fan of a more daring or a more modest look when it comes to these crop tops? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!



Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment