Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday Funday: February 8/15

Image Credit: Annie Spratt via Unsplash
Hi there! This past week was one of those weeks where it felt like time trickled by at an agonizingly slow pace, but at the same time, it felt as if the whole week went by so quickly that it didn't even happen. Strange, isn't it?

It was my first week of the second semester of the year and I guess you could say it was decent and enjoyable. I'm not sure if I'm going to like this semester over the first, but either way, the second one felt pretty darn short last year, so whatever my opinion be, it won't matter for very long.

Despite the newness of the new semester, school was at the back of my mind this week as I was too busy being really proud of myself for keeping up with my blogging schedule. As bad as it sounds, it made me and continues to make me so happy to know that I managed to keep up with my promises of my posting four times a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. It might not seem like a lot, but I'm still really proud.

A new project

If you follow me on Twitter or liked the Facebook page, you'll know that something kind of... exciting happened last week. It's been something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, so I bit the bullet and decided to start a YouTube channel. I know, I know, it's kind of crazy of me to do so, but I really wanted to do it, so I did. (Psst... you can check it out here [my channel name is the same as the blog's])


All I've posted so far is an introductory video, but there'll be a DIY coming up later in the day (say at around 1 pm EST? I'll link it here once it goes live) that I'm really excited for you to see.

I have so much planned for the videos and the posts here and I can't wait for you to see what I have in store for you.

"The best people in life are free"

There's something about people who are free that is just so intriguing and captivating. I dunno, it's like they cast their own spell of a sort when they walk about. While (not to be cocky in the slightest) I think of myself as pretty liberated compared to who I was a few years ago, there are still things holding me down and some of said-things are strings that I can easily cut, but I'm not quite sure why I still hang onto them.

This year, I've made it a goal to do more of the things that I actually want to do and the ones that make me happy (or at least make me happy in the future), and be a bit less of a boring realist about certain areas of my life. While a level head that thinks clear, logical thoughts is a pretty nice asset, it feels so much more liberating to let loose and let spontaneity or a gut feeling guide me along my destined path instead.

Okay, the mention of "destiny" made that seem a heck of a lot more dramatic than I'd meant to. Whoops.

Paint on my lips

Six months ago, if you'd told me that I was going to be wearing makeup pretty often and was going to acquire an unhealthy fascination/obsession with lipstick, I wouldn't believe you. Drilled into my brain from the time I was young was to not wear makeup until I was out of high school. Once my acne started to act up significantly in seventh and eighth grade (it wasn't that bad in elementary school), all I could dream about was turning 14 and begging my parents to let me wear makeup to high school so I could hide my acne.

While I do wear some concealer on most days to hide a few spots here and there and my always-evident dark circles (#theinternetdoesntsleep), I'm glad that I didn't wear makeup in 9th grade because now, I wear it because it genuinely makes me happy. Like the orange lipstick I just got yesterday makes me quite happy (MAC's Morange). So does the Revlon Matte Balm I got in Shameless.

Actually, the simple thought of finally getting my hands on some bolder lip colours such as orange and purple bring a sense of satisfaction that is difficult to replicate.

Grilled cheese shenanigans

My friend C has been meaning to come over to my house to see Nova for quite some time now and she finally did this past Thursday. We just got to hang out and talk and ponder about our futures. I also have a tendency to bribe people with food if they take the effort to bus with me (that made me sound super lame, but I assure you I'm not that bad) and C was no different. I promised that we'd have grilled cheese and hot chocolate and that was what ended up happening.

Now, she came into my house thinking that grilled cheese meant to pieces of bread with a slice of cheese in the middle, pressed together with a grilled cheese maker, but let's just say I made it a bit more... interesting. If you're looking for some grilled cheese ideas, try the follow. Oh, and just a warning - we only had Provolone left in the house, so yeah.
  • Provolone + mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, cherries)
  • Provolone + Sriracha aioli + Italian ham
  • (isn't actually grilled cheese, but is really good) sliced 1/2 banana + ligonberry sauce (IKEA) + crunchy peanut butter = heaven
So that pretty much sums up my week. I'm wishing you guys all the luck in the world with this upcoming week. I'm also hoping that said-luck will be reciprocated. :)

Are you a fan of grilled cheese? Do you have any lipsticks that you think I should get my hands on? Any new projects that you're tackling? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. "The best people in life are free"
    Ha, New Romantic, Taylor Swift! :D I really love that song, just saying.

    ReplyDelete