Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Funday: March 22/15

Image Credit: Michael Hirsch
Hi there! There are a few things I can't quite wrap my head around at the moment. For example, how is it already the 22nd of March? That means March is nearly over. That means the third month of the year is nearly over. I don't know about you but that feels kind of significant. 

I also can't believe that my March Break is over after today. That just doesn't seem fair somehow. The only comfort I have is knowing that I only have to go to school for nine days, and then after that, I'll have a four-day weekend. 

There's also the fact that summer is basically three months away and I can't seem to decide on whether that's in a really long time, or a really short one. I think my indecisiveness and my mood are big inconsistent factors that play a role in my stance on the matter.

Speaking of March Break, my week off was a pretty nice one. While I'm laughing at myself since I thought I was going to get loads of sleep (I didn't), I managed to enjoy myself. I wasn't productive in the ways that I thought I'd be, but I was pretty productive nonetheless. 

As you may or may not already know, my friend B and I are going to the Taylor Swift concert together in July when she's going to finally be touring in our city (thank God). And if you're a Swiftie, you're probably well aware that the true Swifties dress up for these kinds of things, so we decided to make our own costumes. My family headed to Montreal to visit my grandmother the weekend right before March Break technically started and we went to St Hubert and bought a bunch of fabric for the outfits.

The Monday of during the Break, we met up and went there to get the rest of the fabric that we needed and spent a heck of a lot money, but I think it's going to be well worth it. 

Now, you might be a little curious as to what our costumes really are.

Well, guess what? I'm not going to tell you.

Aha, I'm kidding, of course I'm going to tell you. It'd be quite cruel for me not to, wouldn't it?

On the deluxe version of 1989, the first track on there is called "Wonderland," so naturally, we thought it'd be fun to dress up as Alice (her) and the Mad Hatter (me). I just finished my first sewing class two months ago so I'm relatively new to the whole sewing thing (unfortunately), but so far, the dress is turning out really well! I'm making both of ours, so of course I started with mine so that I could get some more practice in before I start hers so I don't mess up.



Please excuse the awful nail job, oh my God

Here are a few pictures I snapped while I was just starting the bodice of my strapless dress. I don't have any photos of the finished bodice, but it's probably a good thing too because while you don't really notice the little mistakes when I put it on, there are things that I could improve on. So while I was talking to my mom yesterday about it, she indirectly convinced me to redo it. I'd been thinking about since I finished it, like I was proud of what I'd made, especially considering that it was only my second project, but there were still mistakes. I guess that was just the perfectionist in me coming out.

I also finished all four seasons of Suits as I sewed and sewed and sewed for two days straight. Before you get concerned about the speed at which I watched the show, let me assure you that I started watching it like last week, so it wasn't too unreasonable. I'm just going to try to use the fact that I was off from school to justify my actions, aha.

I'll admit that I was kind of bored while watching seasons 3 and 4, but if you want a show that makes you think, laugh, and feel kind of smart, you should definitely check out Suits.

I also downloaded Spotify last week and I've been hooked. While I still prefer 8tracks for finding new music, I really like Spotify for actually making playlists and all of that. It's inconvenient that there's no Blackberry app for it yet, but since I've had this phone for a solid year now, I've pretty much gotten used to it by now. It certainly doesn't make it any better, but whatever.

Another thing that I got into recently is actually Instagram. I got bothered by Instagram for a while because a) I had to use a fake wannabe Instagram app for Blackberries, and b) it just felt very fake. But I got over it and started using it again and I'm really enjoying it so far. Here's to hoping that it doesn't cause me any unnecessary stress and FOMO, aha.

So that's about it for this Sunday Funday! Let me know what you've been up to this break? Have you watched Suits? Any Spotify playlists I should check out? Any sewing projects you think I should tackle next? Leave your comments below and I'd love to read them. 


Thank you so much for reading! I love you all. <3 p="">
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment