Friday, April 10, 2015

Style Diary: Can It Just Feel Like Spring Please


Hi there! This is only my second Style Diary of the year which is both surprising and not because I've always been a wimp when it comes to the cold. I mean, I won't dress appropriately for the weather all the time, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't seem to muster up the courage to head out in the cold in too-little clothes to take some photos of myself.

Thankfully, yesterday, my little brother was kind enough to spend two minutes (literally, I'm not exaggerating) outside with me to take these super quickly. It's funny because just on Tuesday, I was so excited because it was getting so warm where I live and then the day after it snowed. Like full out snowed. IN APRIL. I was outraged.

It was still cold on Thursday when he took these, hence the crossed arms which you'll find just after the jump.




Sweater: Dynamite | Bandeau: Dynamite | Skirt: Wet Seal | Earrings: From my aunt |
Shoes: Converse


Since it's technically spring (even though Mother Nature clearly gives a crap about that since she gave us freaking snow two days ago), that morning, I decided to pop on this pastel sweater. I decided to be a bit rebellious and wore a floral bandeau underneath. I also underestimated the size of the holes, so I ended up freezing a little bit in all of my classes, aha.

I hadn't worn my burgundy maxi skirt in a while, so I decided to wear that with the outfit to balance out the girliness of the pink sweater. To add a little more spunk, I went for my beaten up pair of sequin Converse that were actually my first ever pair. 

I remember walking around New York in them after I got them when I was 11 and being so worried because they were uncomfortable as heck at around midday. Turns out, all I needed to do was break them in, so I can't tell you how glad I am that Converse worked out for me because I would've been heartbroken otherwise. Converse are frigging cute.


How's the weather like where you are? What do you think of mixing traditional spring colours with darker ones? How do you like to transition your wardrobe from winter to spring? Leave a comment down below sharing your tips and tricks!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment