Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Current Love: White Crop Tops

Image via My Bougeotte
Hi there! I think this whole little obsession started when Taylor Swift wore a white crop top with a long black skirt to the ACM's in 2014.

Image Credit: PopSugar
But like every obsession (of mine), it always starts small and then progresses to something bigger. Like I started by saying to myself "oh hey, that's nice" every time I saw a white crop top on anyone in real life or online. Then I started checking Topshop's new arrivals every day, patiently waiting for the perfect one to pop up. This practice has continued despite how I already have five "perfect" ones that I've had my eye on.

There's something so nice and fresh about white crop tops. The colour easily elevates the piece from the pit where lies the stigma about how crop tops are for delinquents and girls who are "asking for it" (which is another rant altogether, so I won't start) to a more elegant piece.

Also, in the summer when the sun is out and we let ourselves out of our house more often to soak up all the glorious sunshine, most of us develop a tan (or burn if you're not as lucky). Obviously, since white fabrics contrast well against darkened skin tones, white crop tops make you seem even more bronzed which is a look that I like in the summer months.

Another bonus of these tops is that they go with just about everything. They could definitely act as a nice basic in your closet and is definitely a summer essential for me. Good thing it's not summer yet because I still need to get my hands on a nice one. Here are a few options if you're looking for one, too.

1. New Look Lime and White Crop Top
2. Forever 21 Varsity-Striped Crop Top
3. Forever 21 Mesh-Paneled Crop Top
4. H&M Embroidered Crop Top
5. Topshop Lace Bardot Crop Top

Which top was your favourite? Do you own any white crop tops? What's your current love? Share your thoughts in a comment below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment